Update: I just found this video that explains how toxic compost caused $800,000.00 in damage to gardens recently.
You wouldn’t think compost could actually be toxic to your plants, but in fact it can be. I am talking about manure that contains herbicides, pesticides, and other things that you may not be aware of.
Here is a link to a great article explaining the problems that can be found with commercially available compost.
The article stresses to me the importance of knowing what is in my compost. I am also extremely happy to know that the manure I use in my compost is from a local farm (mine) that uses no antibiotics or other medications that may carry through to my compost.
Have you had a bad experience with commercial compost?